Nov 23, 2012

Project Golden Age: part1


Today is November 23, 2012 and it's official -- I'm being Productive.



I designed this for an event on the 29th, but since I wasn't able to finish this in time, because of much procrastination (what's new?), in the end I decided not to join the historic event. haaay. I'll probably regret this for the rest of my life but that's prolly for the best since I don't want to do something half-hearted.


Anyway, while making the pattern for this project, I had to estimate the measurements of a size 4 model. But because I don't keep a copy of anyone else's body measurement (not because I think it's creepy) I just took note of my size -- a 6 --and adjusted it from there. Good thing I didn't have to remake the pattern or even the muslin sample. I hate that part most. 

So far so good. I've made my cousin who came to visit, who has a slim and petite figure, to try it on. It fits her well. . . Actually maybe I have to add a 1/4" allowance when I transfer the pattern to the actual fabric. Just to make sure. 


I'm so excited to start sewing and see the end result.
Also, I still can't get over how productive I've become and it's not even 2013 yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment